Coaching Certificate Requirements
*These will be completed throughout the program to earn the coaching certificate.
- CPR/First Aid Certification ($70)
- Child Protection Training through CPM website
- Complete 4 Coaching Academy Workshops per year
- One-time completion of the following 4 Coaching Academy Modules:
- Complete Minimum of 5 credit hours of TAMU coursework:
- KINE 215 (1 credit) - Fundamentals of Coaching
- KINE 334 (2 credits) - Coaching in Personal Training (Pre-Req = 215)
- KINE 312 (2 credits) - Coaching of Baseball (Pre-Req = 215)
- KINE 314 (2 credits) - Coaching of Soccer (Pre-Req = 215)
- KINE 317 (2 credits) - Coaching of Football (Pre-Req = 215)
- KINE 321 (2 credits) - Coaching of Volleyball (Pre-Req = 215)
- KINE 351 (2 credits) - Coaching of Basketball (Pre-Req = 215)
- KINE 404 (3 credits) - Coaching Psychology (Junior/Senior)
- KINE 355 (2 credits) - Coaching of Track (Pre-Req = 215)
- NEW REQUIREMENT: CODE OF ETHICS TRAINING
- This is optional but highly recommended for students enrolled in Fall 2022.
- This is required for all students enrolled starting Spring 2023.
- Complete 40 hours of coaching in primary sport
- Complete 20 hours of coaching in secondary sport
- Join Student Coaches Association (SCA) & remain in good standing ($40 annually)
- Attend 3 SCA events per semester (Meetings, Workshops, Student Seminar, Social Gatherings, Marketing Events, etc.)
- NEW REQUIREMENT: MEET WITH CAREER DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR ONCE PER SEMESTER.